- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Steps to Becoming ACA Accredited
1. Apply for accreditation by completing an accreditation application and remitting required fees. Deadline, for summer visit, is March 1st.
2. Attend a Standards Course, offered by local ACA sections, which explains the accreditation process and describes the requirements of the standards.
3. Review and evaluate each area of camp operation according to the guidelines in the standards. (Camps will receive a copy of ACA's Accreditation Process Guide when they attend the Standards Course.)
4. Prepare materials and written documentation required by the standards. A Camp Self-Assessment must be reveiwed by the visitors prior to the onsite visit.
5. Participate in the visit by a team of ACA-trained visitors who will spend a day observing the camp and working with the director in scoring compliance with the standards. The visit must occur when the camp is in full operation.
6. Annually sign a statement of compliance -- the camp administrator's pledge to operate ethically, legally, and in compliance with ACA standards.